Vice President of Construction
We’re looking for a visionary leader. These types of leaders are problem solvers happily taking on potentially risky situations and conquering them. Naturally decisive, they take charge to drive others and themselves. A self-assured leader committed to the success of their team and the overall company. They create powerful plans for future change and growth. They do not willingly accept no for an answer. When others throw in the towel, they double down.
Roers Companies is a full-service real estate firm based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, currently ranked among the top five developers in the Twin Cities. We are a fast-paced company driven by family values. We’re not afraid to pursue the bold course of action. We have an unconventional business model, a unique development roadmap, and a tireless grassroots work ethic. We’ll tell you up front: it’s the secret to our success.
We’re a high-growth company that celebrated $1 billion in completed development. In 2021 alone, we completed 400 million in total development cost and started 1,442 units under construction.
The best part? We’re on pace to double our development numbers by 2023. From Arizona to North Carolina, we are adding 24 projects across the nation each year. Join us on our mission to becoming not only the largest multifamily developer in the nation, but the boldest.
You’re passionate about your work and strive to achieve ambitious goals. You offer an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You get the big picture while executing the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As Vice President of Construction, you will provide vision, oversite, direction, and leadership to the Construction team through shared vision and clear communication that holds everyone accountable to company goals.
You will oversee ALL construction operations for the firm and anticipating breaking ground on 24 project per year for an estimated 5,000 units per year. This oversight will include preconstruction, construction management, modular, and new construction. You will lead the company vision for growth in relation to geographic markets, product variations (affordable, 55+, etc.), building types, partnerships, and more.
In a given day, you will:
- Provide vision, strategy, and progress reports to the owners and executive team.
- Deliver guidance, leadership, and direction for the day-to-day operations of entire construction function at Roers Companies.
- Collaborate with directors to ensure construction practice is building all projects with the most surety and the least risk to the firm.
- Ensure all company policy and procedures are followed with respect to client and subcontractor contracts, work authorizations, subcontractor compliance, credit card usage, etc.
- Maintain and grow successful client relationships within construction industry to support the company’s growth and profitability (Particularly in selecting GC contractors in out of state markets).
- Take responsibility for project budgets throughout the life of the project. Predict budget, schedule, and quality issues before the company is informed by the contractor.
- Perform occasional site visits and inspect progress construction management team to ensure work is completed on time, within budget and consistent quality with the proper construction means and methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years construction leadership experience in multifamily construction/renovations
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
Skills & Abilities
- Proven strategic partner developing long-term plans, providing consultative advice, and leading new initiatives across a matrix environment.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to establish common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization internally and externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
- Proven success as a leader, with experience appropriate to a senior leader position.
- Demonstrate ability to solve, interpret, analyze complex data and issues and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop staff who champion company values and initiatives. Has developed a leader who is developing a leader inside their organization
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mindset –makes smart decisions for business, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust.
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Works as a team player. Operates with the understanding that we do our best when we work together.
- Passionate about your work and our company goals and vision.
- Strive to achieve ambitious goals – loves to be challenged, determined to win, works tirelessly to achieve results.
Compensation & Benefits
- Earn up to $300,000 total comp annually
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: