Senior Real Estate Finance Manager
Roers Companies is seeking a knowledgeable, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, Senior Real Estate Finance Manager.
Roers Companies is an emerging leader in real estate development and property management. Headquartered in Minnetonka, Minnesota, we’re on a mission to elevate multifamily housing nationwide by developing and operating market-rate and affordable housing. Since our founding in 2012, our team has developed nearly $2 billion in real estate, representing more than 5,000 homes. The property management division, previously named Core Living, has ranked among America’s fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 list for the past three years. Our team thrives on purpose-filled work, an entrepreneurial spirit, and unlimited growth potential.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
The role of the Senior Real Estate Finance Manager is to lead the Asset Management team and evaluate, recommend, and execute strategies to achieve financial objectives, optimize performance and maximize investor returns. Your tasks may include:
- Present reporting on asset performance by presenting cash flow models to the partners monthly. Deliver updates on each property, progress on strategies implemented in prior months, and summary of capital transactions.
- Review asset-level cash flow performance models.
- Analyze asset financing process by pushing operations, working with brokers and lenders, providing due diligence, and strategizing on overall portfolio objectives.
- Provide and present quarterly investor reporting for all investor assets.
- Manage property taxes, including reviews and appeals.
- Manage commercial leasing activities including brokerage relationships, lease negotiations, property financing, and monthly portfolio reporting.
- Oversee annual insurance renewals and facilitate insurance claims to ensure work is complete in an orderly fashion.
- Manage Asset Management department to achieve desired goals and financial objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Real Estate or related field required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years progressive financial analyst/asset management experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Real Estate Finance experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Able to undertake multiple projects, manage shifting priorities, and handle a heavy workload.
- Experienced with property accounting software such as Yardi or equivalent preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, QuickBooks, and Yardi (or similar software).
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Top notch customer service skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mindset –makes smart decisions for business, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Works as a team player. Operates with the understanding that we do our best when we work together.
- Passionate about your work and our company goals and vision.
- Strive to achieve ambitious goals – loves to be challenged, determined to win, works tirelessly to achieve results.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to; ability to walk property, including up to 6 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear)
- Ability to embrace company values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Work Ethic, Ownership Mindset
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: