Preconstruction Manager – Corporate Office
We wanted to start this post with a great construction joke, but we’re still working on it. We need to hammer out a few kinks and nail the delivery. We just don’t want to screw it up.
If you work hard to push projects to the finish line, have Multi-Family or Commercial construction experience, and you think our jokes are funny– we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic new addition to our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Preconstruction Manager.
Roers Companies is a development company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, currently ranked among the top five developers in the Twin Cities. Our team has developed more than 5,000 multifamily units that include market-rate apartments, affordable housing, senior living, and student apartments. We’re a high-grown company that recently celebrated $1 billion in completed development — and we’re on pace to double that by 2023.
You’re passionate about your work and strive to achieve ambitious goals. You offer an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You get the big picture while executing the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Preconstruction Manager, you play a vital role in keeping projects and business goals on track. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Responsible for overseeing several projects at once.
- Evaluating various construction sites
- Developing itemized expense lists based on personnel and materials needed
- Collaborating with project designers and owners to explain cost finding.
- Perform calculations and research to develop ways to reduce overall project costs
- Maintain accurate historical cost data and current market information
- Develop and Maintain project design standards for all project types
- Manages contract negotiation and execution
- Develop methods to track project expenses.
- Foster relationships with vendors to establish lower pricing for products and services.
- Participate in the request for proposal process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in AEC specialty strongly preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 6+ years Multi-Family/Commercial construction experience
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Ability to evaluate technical drawings like Construction Drawings or project proposals and accurately interpret them.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Work & Excel, knowledge of internet, e mail and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people including subcontractors, architects, and owners.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, show apartment and drive a vehicle to visit area businesses for outreach marketing.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and drug test.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link;