Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Paralegal. Roers Companies is a growing multifamily developer/owner based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We own commercial properties throughout the Midwest including student housing, senior living, affordable, mixed-use, and market-rate apartments. Our portfolio now includes more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Paralegal, you will assist with the administration and preparation of all real estate documentation and case management aspects. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Develop file organization and retrieval systems for the company.
- Conduct an in-depth review and analysis of documents for factual information.
- Assist with drafting of necessary documentation relating to company needs.
- Research appropriate tax laws, statutes, etc. relating to company needs.
- Draft substantive documentation relating to company needs.
- Act as liaison between attorney and company, facilitating communication and transmittal of necessary information.
- Make independent and critical decisions regarding the exchange of information, file management, delegation of responsibilities, etc.
- Four-year college degree, paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience in a legal setting.
- At least three to five years of experience as a real estate paralegal in a law firm.
- Local market experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, knowledge of the internet, email and social media as it pertains to marketing the property.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Experience with marketing and leasing initiatives for new development preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.