Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Financial Analyst. Roers Companies is a growing multifamily developer/owner based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We own commercial properties throughout the Midwest including student housing, senior living, affordable, mixed-use, and market rate apartments. Our portfolio now includes more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Financial Analyst, you will help us identify and seize opportunities for improvement. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Review monthly asset financials, variance analysis, and performance metrics, and initiate actions with Finance and Core Living to ensure expected returns.
- Provide internal and external reporting on asset performance including monthly cash flow analysis, variance adjustments to cash flow projection, internal asset reviews, quarterly investor reports, and ad hoc analyses.
- Provide analysis and reporting to support the annual asset reviews which include tracking historical results, operating budget, taxes, insurance, financing, capital expenditures, projected cash flow and expected return.
- Maintain the asset information binders, the online folders and the three-ring binder version, that includes the published PPM, property management and asset management agreements, annual asset review contents, quarterly investor reports, loan docs and amortization schedule, updated cash flow projections.
- Help ensure each asset’s physical condition is maintained through regular asset inspections, reviews of capital needs assessment plans, and tracking of major capital expenditures.
- Help manage property insurance, including agency vendors, large claims, and coverage reviews and renewals.
- Provide analysis for and help execute asset valuations, debt refinancing, and asset sales.
- Help coordinate investor income tax returns.
- Help manage property taxes, including reviews and appeals.
- Support Core Living property management with reporting and analysis for:
- monthly portfolio reporting
- weekly property updates
- property expense and utility reviews and market comparisons
- annual property rent matrix and budgets
- market data research for RFP’s
- vendor contract reviews
- management agreements and opportunity searches
- Costar market reviews
- 1 to 2 years of progressive financial analyst experience in real estate asset management, property management, development or related fields required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Real Estate or related field required.
- Experience in multi-family, affordable and senior housing strongly preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced with property accounting software such as Yardi or equivalent preferred.
- Strong collaborative leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of meeting deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Able to undertake multiple projects, manage shifting priorities, and handle a heavy workload.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated.
- Has a high level of integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.