Development Associate – Corporate Office
Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minneapolis, MN as a Development Associate. Roers Companies is a growing multifamily developer/owner based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We’ve earned a spot on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50. We own commercial properties throughout the Midwest including student housing, senior living, affordable, mixed-use, and market rate apartments. Our portfolio now includes more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Development Associate, you play a vital role in keeping projects and business goals on track. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Underwriting the financial feasibility of potential projects in Excel.
- Researching the market viability of new projects.
- Work with cities, brokers and online resources to find new potential projects.
- Negotiating with land owners.
- Coordinating 3rd party reports and due diligence.
- Compiling financing request packages for lenders, investors and state agencies.
- Working with architects and general contractors to design new projects.
- Working in conjunction with architects to obtain city entitlement approvals.
- Working through closing and due diligence checklists to get to a financial closing.
- Provide oversight for development under construction, compiling draw requests, ensuring projects are completed on time and on-budget.
- Assist in turning the project over to the Operations team at the end of construction and converting the project to permanent financing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, or experience in multi-family development preferred.
- Experience with contract negotiation with a proven track record of excellence.
- Financially astute with a strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze complex deals in an efficient manner.
- Capacity to work cross functionally with various departments.
- Superior organization skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- Ability to embrace company values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Work Ethic, Ownership Mindset
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.