Roers Companies is looking for an experienced, eager, and intrinsically driven Developer to join our team in Tampa Bay, FL.
Roers Companies is a development company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, currently ranked among the top five developers in the Twin Cities. Our team has developed more than 5,000 multifamily units that include market-rate apartments, affordable housing, senior living, and student apartments. We’re a high-growth company that recently celebrated $1 billion in completed development — and we’re on pace to double that by 2023.
You’re passionate about your work, you’re fast-paced, and you strive to help us continue our exponential growth. You offer an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You get the big picture while executing the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset. You are analytical, detail oriented, have strong communication and organizational skills and able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with minimal direction.
The Developer is responsible for driving real estate development projects from beginning to end. This position will work on multiple projects simultaneously, in several demographic markets. This role will accomplish the following:
- Originating/finding new potential projects.
- Determine funding requirements for the viability and sustainability of multi-family and mixed-use projects.
- Manage pre-development activities including acquisition, environmental review, project concept development, budgeting, cost analysis and financing of multi-family and mixed-use projects.
- Complete proformas for multi-family and mixed-use projects using a mix of funding sources.
- Prepare and present project proposals to government entities, investors, lenders, internal investment committee and related groups.
- Prepare predevelopment budgets, operating budgets cash flow and reserve analysis.
- Prepare overall project timelines and schedules.
- Manage project cash flows, construction draws and budgets during pre-development and construction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with private lending institutions, state, federal and local officials, and private equity investors.
- Travel required to new markets, as needed
- Other projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, real estate, or related fields.
- 5+ years of prior experience in multifamily real estate development.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of real estate transaction process; including land/building acquisition and closing of debt and equity.
- Financial Modeling Skills – able to use a variety of tools, techniques, and approaches.
- Strong financial (deal structuring, underwriting) experience is required.
- Ability to collect, interpret and utilize data effectively.
- Leadership skills – able to take ownership of a project and manage it from predevelopment to construction completion; able to manage different parties and wide variety of moving parts and processes.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to:
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in written form clearly and professionally.
- Work with numerous staff and departments, both internally and externally.
- Collect, interpret and utilize data effectively
- Work with design and construction professionals
- Understand and utilize a variety of funding mechanisms
- Manage multiple projects effectively
- Prepare and present project proposals to government entities, investors, and related groups.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link: