Corporate & Development Accountant – Corporate Office
Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Corporate and Development Accountant. Roers Companies is a growing multifamily developer/owner based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We’ve earned a spot on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50. We own commercial properties throughout the Midwest including student housing, senior living, affordable, mixed-use, and market rate apartments. Our portfolio now includes more than 3,700 rental apartments in six states.
You’re passionate about your work. You’re driven to achieve ambitious goals. You step up when the team needs an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You make smart decisions because you get the big picture and ace the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Corporate & Development Accountant, you ensure the financial success of our development properties and corporate entities. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Review the consolidated financial statement of the organization as it relates to expenditures, budgets, and taxes.
- Book construction draws each month and assist in development closings.
- Perform bank reconciliations each month.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate billing, as well as preparation of accounting related entries to various general ledgers.
- Month and Year-end close process including preparations of journal entries.
- Manage financial reporting and budgeting, as well as cash flow projections.
- Reconciliation of credit card process.
- Leader of accounts payable and receivable process including invoice coding and check cutting.
- Analyzes data for the purpose of supporting business decision-making.
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience
- Real Estate Development Accounting experience preferred
- QuickBooks and Yardi software experience or similar software
- Detail oriented
- Customer service skills
- Work with all levels of company personnel
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- Ability to embrace company values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Work Ethic, Ownership Mindset
Benefits & Perks
- Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.