Construction Project Manager – Corporate Office
Roers Companies is seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our team in Minnetonka, MN as a Construction Project Manager.
Roers Companies is a development company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, currently ranked among the top five developers in the Twin Cities. Our team has developed more than 5,000 multifamily units that include market-rate apartments, affordable housing, senior living, and student apartments. We’re a high-grown company that recently celebrated $1 billion in completed development — and we’re on pace to double that by 2023.
You’re passionate about your work and strive to achieve ambitious goals. You offer an extra hand and aren’t afraid to ask for help when needed. You act with integrity and empathy for the people around you. You get the big picture while executing the little details. In other words, you share our corporate values — passion, work ethic, teamwork, integrity, and ownership mindset.
As a Construction Project Manager, you play a vital role in keeping projects and business goals on track. In a given day, your tasks may include:
- Initiates Energy Design Assistance (EDA) program or similar energy rebate program for every project.
- Attends all OAC meetings onsite, takes diligent notes, and ensures partners are held accountable to action items.
- Visits construction sites weekly/bi-weekly to track progress.
- Schedules and attends electrical review meetings and box walk meetings.
- Reviews Low Voltage and HVAC installation locations (Cameras, Controlled Access, Thermostat, etc.).
- Coordinates with Design Project Manager to track FF&E delivery, progress and communicates date to begin hard hat tours to GC.
- Reviews project submittals and compares to GMP clarifications.
- Tracks new projects and final construction costs on Historical Cost Spreadsheets.
- Utilizes Project Milestone Tracker to update milestone dates throughout construction.
- Manages Change Order (CO) log, updates details and adds notes indicating what each CO consists of (approval, details, denials, etc).
- Updates GC following approval/denial of all COs.
- Schedules punch process and completes through ProCore.
- Monitors, verifies, and holds vendors accountable to complete punch list items by agreed date.
- Following closeout of a project, sends warranty request forms to site staff. Provides building manual and subcontractor directory. Schedules building training and attends as Roers’ POC.
- Manages warranty requests. Schedules 11-month warranty follow up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management is preferred
- High school diploma or GED, 1-2 years related experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Project Manager on multifamily, wood frame, apartment projects (luxury apartments experience preferred)
- Experience with wood frame, podium, stick build, masonry, and other various build types.
- A demonstrated understanding of multifamily construction means and methods.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with ProCore is helpful.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mindset –makes smart decisions for business, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Works as a team player. Operates with the understanding that we do our best when we work together.
- Passionate about your work and our company goals and vision.
- Strive to achieve ambitious goals – loves to be challenged, determined to win, works tirelessly to achieve results.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 6 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Benefits & Perks
Our full-time employees are eligible for these benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance including health savings account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Retirement savings
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- Free office lunches
- Monthly social outings
- Free stays in our properties’ guest suites
- Shorter Friday workdays during summer
Roers Companies is focused on building a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle report.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a survey at this link;