We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Development Analyst to play a pivotal role in the delivery of multi-family housing across the Midwest. As a Development Analyst, you’ll be responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedules and working closely with stakeholders to determine where efficiencies, compromises and/or alternatives can be utilized in order to achieve the desired financial outcome for each project.
Roers Companies is a full-service real estate firm headquartered in Minneapolis with developments across the Midwest. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
- Financial feasibility analysis of new development opportunities. Must be able to understand debt, valuation methodologies, and other real estate finance tools and metrics.
- Preparation of financing equity packages and applications.
- Coordination and completion of due diligence items for lenders and investors.
- Creating development budgets, including completing research to verify assumptions.
- Drafting investment deal summaries for internal and external review, geared to banking institutions and investors.
- Conducting property and market research for given areas – Comparable competing properties, ownership, development pipeline, sales and other market comparables.
- Becoming familiar with development, asset management, and property management through reading research materials, understanding the firm’s past work, and comprehending the competitive landscape.
- Preparing LOIs, Purchase Agreements, reviewing contracts, correspondence, and other communications.
- Developing business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of real estate related experience, preferably in new development underwriting.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related discipline.
- MS Office experience including advanced knowledge in Excel
- Ability to work independently in a professional and flexible manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including up to 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle check.