We are looking for a detail oriented, organized and professional Project Coordinator to join our team. The role of the Project Coordinator is to provide general administrative support to the Director of Construction and various project teams. The ideal candidate enjoys supporting and is eager to assist internally and externally, has a good phone demeanor, strong organizational skills and multi-tasking skills. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and changing project dynamics.
Roers Companies is a full-service real estate firm headquartered in Minneapolis with developments across the Midwest. We are committed to providing superior properties with exceptional 5-star service to both our residents and ownership groups.
- Coordinates with The Director of Construction and Developers on project files and records
- Collects data and prepares project reports, budgets, graphs, tables, and other information
- Creates and maintains the Roers list of project standard requirements across all market segments.
- Assists in Cost Control, tracks all project potential cost changes
- Monitors, verifies, and holds vendors accountable to completion of punch list items in a timely fashion.
- Participates in job construction reviews by the contractor and architect, as required, takes diligent notes, and ensures partners are held accountable to action items.
- Contacts vendors to determine status of an order and identify any discrepancies with quantity and quality. Coordinates deliveries with vendors and General Contractors.
- Interprets and communicates operating policies and exercises administrative judgment when it is appropriate; assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results impacting staff, costs, and/or quality of service
- Answers in-bound calls from customers and employees to assess their needs
- Works as a team player and contributes to the team accordingly
- Project billings and process monthly draws
- Coordinates all owner vendors and installers
- Conducting one-year warranty walk through of properties and overseeing completion of warranty items.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Five (5) + years of experience working as a Project Manager on multifamily, wood frame, apartment projects (luxury apartment experience preferred)
- Experience with wood frame, podium, stick build, masonry, and other various build types.
- A demonstrated understanding of multifamily construction means and methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED; 1-2 years related experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with ProCore is helpful.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have good time management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, understanding that your scheduled workdays may vary according to staffing and property needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – loves to be challenged, determined to win, puts clients and teammates first, collaborative, inquisitive, self-motivated, and operates on trust (not fear).
- High integrity – trusted, direct, truthful. Embodies confidence and admits mistakes.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Ability to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to ability to walk property, including up to 6 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections.
- Maintain neat, well-groomed, professional appearance.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle check.